Sunday, May 06, 2007

Bare Minimum Accomplished I Can Actually Show...

The beginnings of the form to tell scouts which way to go. Opened from the main form with a button labeled "Scout." I am not sure to send single planes or entire squadrons out. Probably an entire squadron at a time for now. No need to get fancy this early in the game.



As you can see I don't even have placeholders for the direction arrows. I am thinking about adding more directions around the middle (the fleet/carriers). The scouting units sent out are not armed with bombs or torpedos so they get launched right away. My plan is for arming taking time to happen.

It was suggested to me to make it so players want to use ground based planes for scouting as often as possible. I agreed. Ever see the movie Midway? There's a scene where they show an Allied map with a red 180 degree arc around Midway Island patrolled by flying boats.

1 comment:

russellmz said...

first...meh, it's losing it's charm.