Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hard to Port! Teleport That Is...

Ships can do basic movement. Well, basic teleportations. The program calculates without the effects of speed and distance. I'll tackle later and hope the programming is dirt (distance is rate x time) simple...





As you can see in the pics, not too impressive, but it is progress. I added some code to increment the enemy Orange fleet's location and kept hitting the End Turn button until it went off the map.

I am trying not to get too excited, but I have so many ideas and keep coming up with new ones. From simple (save in xml so users can rename their own ships) to silly (make every form control configurable so the user can almost make their own UI) to complex (steal enemy tactics research by sending fighters to do hit and runs so they can observe enemy tactics and report back). There is a lot of work and struggling to do.

But I'm livin' the dream: making my own game.

1 comment:

russellmz said...

first! this raises an interesting question, if i do this for every post, does the next post count as first or second?