Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Save the Donnas...

...and the Foolhardy, and the Hallowed. Save was implemented before but I'm more confident about it and Save regularly now. The game saves the new positions of the player and enemy fleets.

I moved the location variable from each individual ship and to the xmlFleet class. Updating each ship location was a pain when I tried to do it. Better to track fleets, which makes sense since there are few times where a player sends individual ships out and the game mechanic screams for abuse (play Russian roulette and split your fleet into 15 individual ships, then have the AI waste a bunch of attacks to find which are actually carriers!). I think I'll limit the fleet splitting to two or three and have any auxilary/transport fleets be separate and not count for the total.

Still working on Launch Air Strike:

1 comment:

russellmz said...

you were not first. i was. HA!